I’ve just changed my Phillips 110% headlamps for some Dubflecta LED lamps. Results are good – very bright. Just have to sort out the warning light problem. These lights are meant to be Canbus error free – emailed Dubflecta and waiting for a response.
I thought it might be useful to add a description of how to put these lamps in. It’s not difficult but it’s not trivial either.
- Remove rubber sealing cap from around the back of the headlamp assembly.
- Locate the 3 pronged electrical connector and remove (simply it pull backwards towards the rear of your Vdub)
- Locate the spring fastener and push this down and back – it will then spring off.
- Remove old bulb. Note thick tab is the upper, vertically oriented tab of the three locating tabs
- Put the new bulb in place. Best to locate the bulb connecting wire behind the spring fastener i.e. inside it towards the front of your Vdub.
- Then ease the spring over the bulb body and place the bulb with thickest tab vertically up. Pushing the spring back on requires a little bit of a push, and you should feel a noticeable click back into place to secure the bulb.
- Then attach control unit to the bulb wire (has a locating lug to assist this). Place the whole assembly inside the headlamp housing and reseal the rubber housing cap.
- Repeat, test.
- I’ll report back on bulb issues/ performance.